Terms & Conditions
In these general terms and conditions and on the website DeskShaper (the Website, www.DeskShaper.com), under DeskShaper is understood Bisshops B.V., a company established under the laws of the Netherlands. Bisshops’s head office is situated at Nieuwerzijds Voorburgwal 158 II, 1012 SJ, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. DeskShaper is registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, 59631465
1. On all offers, orders, purchases and deliveries of DeskShaper products through the Website these terms and conditions apply.
2. These terms and conditions are accessible for anyone via the homepage www.DeskShaper.com
3. In case of any discrepancy between language versions, the English version prevails.
4. Upon request, DeskShaper sends a copy of these terms and conditions to the buyer.
5. By ordering DeskShaper products via the Website, the buyer agrees to these terms and conditions.
6. DeskShaper has the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time
3. THE OFFER
1. If an offer is subject to a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be explicitly mentioned in the offer.
2. Our offers contain a complete and accurate description of the products being offered.
3. DeskShaper is not bound by obvious errors or mistakes in our offers.
4. Every offer contains information that makes it clear to the buyer what rights and obligations are related to the acceptance of the offer.
4. THE CONTRACT
1. A contract will be concluded, subject to Clause 3 and paragraph 3 of this Clause, between the buyer and DeskShaper, at the moment the buyer accepts an offer from DeskShaper and all conditions to accept this offer have been fulfilled.
2. DeskShaper will immediately confirm receipt of acceptance of electronically accepted offers to the email address provided by the buyer once accepted. It is the responsibility of the buyer to provide the correct e-mail address during the order process. The buyer can dissolve the contract as long as the acceptance has not been confirmed by DeskShaper to the e-mail address provided by the buyer.
3. DeskShaper may obtain information – within statutory frameworks – about the buyer’s ability to fulfill his payment obligations, as well as about facts and factors that are important for the responsible conclusion of the contract. If that research gives DeskShaper proper grounds for declining to conclude the contract, then it has a right, supported by reasons, to reject an order or application or to bind its implementation to special conditions.
4. DeskShaper will send to the buyer, at the latest when delivering a product, the following information, in writing, or in such a way that the buyer can store it on an accessible durable medium:
4.1. the office address of DeskShaper’s business location where the buyer can lodge complaints;
4.2. the conditions under which the buyer can make use of the right of withdrawal and the method for doing so;
4.3. information on guarantees and existing after-sales service;
4.4. the price, including all taxes on the product
4.5. the method of delivery; and
4.6. the model form for right of withdrawal.
All prices shown on the Website are including VAT, in accordance with the applicable legislation. In case an order will be shipped to a delivery address outside the EU, VAT will be removed at the checkout. Please note: in case of an order that is shipped to an address outside the EU, the buyer may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied when the shipment reaches the specified delivery address. The buyer will be responsible for payment of such import duties and taxes. It should be noted that DeskShaper has no control over these charges and, since these charges are different for different countries, DeskShaper cannot predict their amount. DeskShaper advises the buyer to contact the local customs office for further information.
1. DeskShaper offers the following safe payment methods:
- Creditcard (MasterCard, VISA, Maestro: during the order process, the buyer can fill in his/her credit card number and the expiry date of his/her credit card. The buyer has to make sure that the exact name as written on the credit card is filled in. The payment authorization process will take place and the buyer will be informed whether or not the payment has been approved.
- PayPal: by using Paypal, the buyer can transfer money from his bank account, credit card account, or Paypal account.
- iDEAL: for buyers with a Dutch bank account, it is possible to use iDEAL. iDEAL has been developed in a joint effort by Dutch banks. The iDEAL payment system connects to the most common Online Banking systems and is a trustworthy payment system.
- Bancontact/Mr.Cash: for buyers with a Belgian bank account it is possible to pay using Bancontact/Mr. Cash. Bankcontact/Mr. Cash is a joint initiative of the Belgian banks and stands for quick payment process without any errors. Bancontact/Mr. Cash is, among others, available for account holders of KBC, Dexia and ING bank. Thanks to the use of the pin code, a transaction can be finalized in a fast and safe way.
2. The buyer will be bound to the terms and conditions of the payment provider of its choice in relation to the payment. DeskShaper has no control over these terms and conditions and cannot be held responsible for the contents thereof.
1. DeskShaper offers free shipment on all our products to buyers to the countries that can be selected when choosing the shipping address.
2. All mentioned delivery terms (shipping days, delivery time in working days, shipment date etc.) on the Website should be understood as estimated delivery terms and cannot be understood as final delivery terms or guaranteed delivery terms.
3. The buyer bears the responsibility for the correct input of the delivery address; in case anything goes wrong with the shipment of an order due to an error in the delivery address made by the buyer, DeskShaper cannot be held responsible for the (partial) loss of the shipment. In case DeskShaper needs additional information regarding a delivery address, the buyer may be approached by DeskShaper in order to provide additional information. A delay in the delivery may occur in case additional information regarding the delivery address is needed.
4. DeskShaper will use all reasonable efforts to deliver the order within the expected delivery terms to the delivery address. DeskShaper cannot be held liable for any delays in the delivery of an order.
5. If delivery suffers a delay, or if the delivery cannot be implemented, or only partially, the buyer will be informed about this as soon as reasonably possible after the order has been placed. In this case, the buyer has a right to dissolve the contract free of charge.
6. The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests upon DeskShaper up to the moment of delivery to the delivery address, unless this has explicitly been agreed otherwise.
7. In case the buyer receives a product that the buyer did not order, the buyer must inform DeskShaper hereof as soon as possible (within 24 hours after receiving the order) by email (or through the contact page of the Website). The buyer will take care of the return shipment of such a product after receiving return instructions from DeskShaper and DeskShaper will bear the costs of this shipment and will subsequently take care of the shipment of the correct product to the buyer, provided the buyer has fully conformed with the return instructions from DeskShaper.
8. In case a product has been delivered to the buyer in damaged or incomplete state, the buyer must inform the DeskShaper customer service team as soon as possible (within 24 hours after receiving the order) through the website www.DeskShaper.com. Subsequently, DeskShaper will decide how to deal with the matter at hand; the customer must always inform DeskShaper in the aforementioned situation(s) and wait for the instructions of the DeskShaper customer care team. A customer who returns a product in this situation at his own costs, without first contacting and awaiting the instructions of the customer service team, cannot claim the costs he/she made at DeskShaper (nor hold DeskShaper responsible for the return shipment that took place without prior consent of DeskShaper).
9. In case the order that has been shipped or is being shipped by DeskShaper to the buyer, is missing, went missing, or in case the buyer claims that he/she did not receive the order (despite information such as the track & trace data / carrier information, indicating otherwise), the complaint procedure of the carrier will be started and the outcome of this procedure will be awaited, before any refund or re-shipment shall take place. The buyer will fully cooperate with the complaint procedure of the carrier. In case of a shipment that went missing as the result of an error by the carrier (and after the complaint procedure of the carrier has been completed), DeskShaper will either refund the customer or DeskShaper will try to re-ship the ordered product.
10. In case a shipment still has not been delivered at the delivery address of the buyer (or the pick up point) 14 days after the shipment date the buyer has the obligation to inform the DeskShaper customer care team by email within 14 days (so: ultimately 28 days after the shipment date).
8. TRIAL PERIOD and REVOCATION
1. Unless stated otherwise, the buyer has the right to revoke the contract and to return his/her order during a trial period of 14 days after having received the order, without having to state a reason for his/her revocation (please note the abovementioned exceptions: in case a product is delivered that was not ordered, or if a product is delivered that is damaged or incomplete, the buyer has the obligation to inform the DeskShaper customer care team by email and to await further instructions).
2. The buyer who wants to exercise his right of revocation shall report this to DeskShaper, within the trial period, by means of the model Revocation Form included here and as provided to the buyer together with his/her order, or in any other unequivocal way.
3. The return address for returns within the trial period is:
DeskShaper returns / Active Ants
3433 PL Nieuwegein
In case of a defect or warranty request, a different return address may apply, therefore in such case, please always first contact our customer service team and await further instructions.
4. In case the buyer wishes to use his/her right to revoke the contract, the buyer is only allowed to unpack and/or to use the ordered product as far as is needed to be able to determine whether he/she wants to keep the product. The buyer may only handle and inspect the product in the same way that he would be allowed in a physical shop. During the trial period the buyer must carefully handle the product and keep the original undamaged packaging (meaning the box the product comes in; not the cardboard box that is only used for delivery).
5. The buyer will return the ordered product to DeskShaper no later than 14 days after the day of reporting his/her wish to revoke the contract to DeskShaper together with all the accessories (if any) and, insofar possible, in the original state and packaging, in accordance with the return instructions of DeskShaper (as described on the packing slip).
6. The buyer is responsible for the return shipment of his/her order and bears all the risks related to the return shipment and the burden of proof for exercising the right of revocation correctly and in time. DeskShaper strongly advises the buyer to return a product by insured shipment and in a sealed packaging. In case an insured return shipment goes missing, gets damaged or in case the reception of a returned shipment is denied (for example in case no valid signature can be shown by the carrier), the buyer may have the option to hold the carrier liable. The buyer, as the sender of the return shipment, can start the complaint procedure for any issue that may occur with the return shipment. The buyer will keep the (official, digital) receipt of his/her return shipment that contains the tracking information.
7. The shipment costs for a return shipment under this Clause will be borne by the buyer.
8. Provided that all requirements for revocation have been met, DeskShaper will credit the buyer as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 14 days after having received the return shipment (no credit applies for costs of the return shipment). Any credit due as a result of a returned product, will be credited to the account that the buyer used to pay the original order.
9. In case the buyer wishes to use his/her right to revoke the contract or to cancel his/her order, while the shipment of the buyer's order has already left the DeskShaper warehouse (which usually on work days will occur right after the buyer places his/her order) - even if the shipment has not yet arrived at the buyer's shipment address of choice - the costs of returning the shipment to DeskShaper will be borne by the buyer.
10. In case any import taxes, duties or customs (administrative) costs are due, because the shipment has been imported into the buyer's shipment country of choice (a process that in most cases cannot be stopped, once the shipment is on its way to the buyer's shipment country of choice), these costs will be borne by the buyer. Upon crediting the buyer, DeskShaper will deduct the import taxes, duties and/or custom (administrative) costs as far as these were charged to DeskShaper (as the sender of the parcel) upon crediting the buyer.
9. WARRANTY AND REPAIR
1. The DeskShaper warranty policy is automatically in effect upon purchase of any DeskShaper products. DeskShaper grants a one year warranty period. The warranty guarantees the buyer that the products meet the standards of usability, reliability and durability.
2. The warranty does not apply in case of:
- theft or loss;
- intentional damage;
- damages as a result of improper usage such as scratching, bumping or falling;
- damages as a result of neglected care.
4. The warranty on the DeskShaper only relates to demonstrable production errors.
5. The warranty no longer applies in case a third party performed repair works or other works on the product, without prior written permission by DeskShaper.
6. Shipment costs for a return shipment after a warranty request or repair request (for defects occurring after the buyer has used the product), will be borne by the buyer.
7. In case of questions regarding returns and warranty, the buyer can always contact the DeskShaper customer care team via the website www.DeskShaper.com.
10. PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
DeskShaper complies with the privacy regulations, as recorded in the "Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens" (the "Dutch Personal Data Protection Act"). The buyer, for example, always has the possibility to see, to amend or to delete his/her personal data, by logging into his/her account on DeskShaper.com.
DeskShaper will store the data entered by the buyer in a file. The data will be used for the purpose of fulfilling the buyer's order and will be stored as long as is necessary in order to deal with possible issues regarding the fulfillment of the order. DeskShaper guarantees that all personal data will be handled with care. The buyer's personal data will not be shared with any third party, except for purposes of fulfilling the order or for repair purposes. DeskShaper is allowed to use the buyer's data to advertise products to the buyer.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS
These terms and conditions are governed by Dutch law, provided however that consumers may also be able to invoke mandatory legislation applicable in their own country of residence. Any disputes between DeskShaper and the buyer will be brought before the competent court of Amsterdam.